Friday 14 May 2021

Descriptive writing

This week one of our tasks was to create a piece of descriptive writing about an image and pretend we are there.

The sun beams down upon me. Surrounded by a cloudless sky. Only a few seagulls accompany the sun. I play in the icy waves. Laughing like a hyena. I swim carelessly towards the shore. Enjoying the light breeze on my face. The palm trees wave as I return to shore. The sand is hot beneath my feet. I run swiftly to get in the shade. I taste the salty sea water as the wind carries it into my face. Watching as the sun slowly slips down down towards the sea. The sudden coldness hits me. Walking across the soft sand I pull my blanket tighter over me. The night sky stares at me with the twinkling stars winking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.