Friday 7 May 2021

Letter home

This term we have been doing ANZAC activities one of the activities was to write a letter home here is mine.


Send to: Greymouth 7805


Dear Mum


I have just arrived in gallipoli. The air is completely black, I am assuming that is from all the smoke. It also helps hide the bombers which frightens me. I am getting to work tomorrow hoping I can save some lives. Hopefully this war ends soon because I don’t think anyone is enjoying it here. The yells of pain and shouts for help are getting to me. Even though I haven't been here long. In the background you can hear gun fires and screams. It is hard to imagine tomorrow I will be heading into the heart of that. I am happy that I will be able to help the brave soldiers who are battling for our countries.


Looking forward to returning home and seeing you again.


Love

Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.