Thursday 30 August 2018

The Girl and the Giraffe.

WALT: Write descriptive sentences

For this activity we had to make a story to tell what is happening in the picture. In our story we had to include descripition. This activity was all right but more difficult to get started as we had to use our imagination.

Next time I think I could describe more of what is in the picture so the reader gets a picture in their minds not just tell where the characters are going.
resource image


THE GIRAFFE AND THE GIRL!


“Please stay” whispers the girl as she tries to hold
back tears leading her  giraffe. Spotty [the giraffe]
and the girl are feeling sad as he is returning to his
natural habitat.


Spotty has long yellow legs with a yellow spotted
brown body. His tail swishes carefree in the wind,
carrying the whines of Spotty away. At least I will
soon be with my mother thought Spotty as he wanders
along.


As they approach the forest where the girl found the
giraffe all those years ago, cold and injured. Now they
can see the young giraffe’s mother approaching.


Quickly the girl takes off the lead. The young giraffe
approaches his mother.  The girl starts crying as the
giraffes slowly walk into the forest, but she knows it is
the best for Spotty.

By Molly  

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Molly! It's me Kyra from Totara 3. I love your writing about the girl and the giraffe because the plot of the writing is quite clever. My favorite sentence was "His tail swishes carefree in the wind, carrying the whines of spotty away."

    This reminds me of doing descriptive writing in class. Some of the images we had to describe were the beach and a carnival. My favourite of the two was the beach because there was a great view of the ocean to describe.

    This is a great piece of writing and I think your next step learning you set for yourself is good. Great job!

    From Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Molly! It's me Aimee here from Totara 3. I really like the way you have got very detailed writing and a very good picture that would definitely create a story in my mind when you are writing it. Maybe next time you could add a link to where you got this image off.

    Well done Molly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.